Carrier access billing system or CABS billing is a telephone companies charge upon other telecommunications carriers for terminating calls for subscription holders.
To give you an idea how this works, we’ll use Southern New England Telephone as an example in that it provides me with local telephone service to my home phone, and for instance that Bell South is your telephone provider that supplies long distance service on your telephone.
For anyone that calls me, subsequently Southern New England Telephone will bill Bell South a tiny charge for terminating your call to my telephone. Telecommunications companies then track this type of local exchange carrier charges by implementing a Carrier Access Billing System (CABS).
So the carrier (Bell South in this particular example) is identified within the CABS billing system by their four-digit Carrier Identification Code (CIC).
CTS AMA is designed specifically for Cabs Billing.
CTS AMA features
- Extracts AMA data records from on or more switches and puts this information into databases.
- View near real time display of incoming switch data.
- Customizable and immediate call search and recording capabilities.
- Archives data for summary report.
- Easy installation with one time data set up and installation.
- Accommodates switch growth.
- Reports that easily allows you to compare AMA records with Equal Access Carrier records.
- Technical support and monitoring inmplmenting a secure VPN connection.
CTS AMA Benefits
- Identifies and helps you to solve the problem of “Phantom Traffic”.
- Insures accurate and maximum CABS Billing.
- Assists with determining the validity of a call as it relates to a billing system.
- Helps troubleshoot the implementation of new circuits.
- Reveals calling patterns for and established market.
- Reduces labor costs with immediate data collection and reporting.
- See total incoming/terminating as well as outgoing/originating usage.
- Reduces errors with simplified report generation.
- Fraud Detection, you define what is a fraudulent call and how you wish to be notified.
CTS AMA Call Search Module
- Easily Search by; all calls, origination, destination or point to point.
- Pattern Search; enter any pattern or part of a number and search.
- Additional filtering by; structure code, call type, start date and time, bill number, originating time and trunk group.
AMA Record Viewer
- Displays the raw AMA data.
- Lists the individual fields and the corresponding data for each field.
- Lists the fields and data for any attached modules.
- Allows user to navigate between records.
- Re-sizable screen to avoid wasted time scrolling.
- Transports AMA/CDR to local or third party billing systems.
- FTP transfer can be scheduled automatically.
- Protects against repeating AMA records in the database.
- Flags partial or corrupt records.
- User can select format option; binary or ASCII converted billing format.
CTS AMA Reports Module
- User defined report generation.
- Multiple users can run reports simultaneously.
- Reports can be exported using Excel.
- Reports can be customizable by user.
- Split reports by call completion status to help validate CABS billing.
- Find Phantom Traffic through No NXX Reports.
- NXX to NXX.
- Carrier Elapsed Time.
- Incoming/Terminating or Outgoing./Originating Trunk Group.
- No NXX.
- Record summary.
- Plus more reports to assist you with CABS Billing.